Palace of the Priors (Palazzo dei Priori)
The irregular façade of Palazzo dei Priori, dating back to 1337, is the result of four different buildings joined to each other over the centuries. Beneath the building is an unusual road covered by barrel vaults: it is called Volta Pinta (Painted Vault) because of its decorations dating back to 1556.
The palace underwent heavy restoration in 1927 and today houses the Town Hall, the Tourism Centre and the Pinacoteca hosting several preserved frescos detached from their original walls. One of them portrays a Madonna with the Holy Child on a throne surrounded by Saints, a work coming from Giotto’s workshop.